Liberty Latin America acquires Cabletica

Liberty Latin America Ltd. (NASDAQ: LILA and LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB), a telecommunications company with operations in Chile, Puerto Rico, the Caribbean and other parts of Latin America, has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora de Costa Rica S.A., who retain a remaining 20% interest, the company said.

Cabletica was acquired for an enterprise value of CRC 146 billion (approximately USD 250 million1,2).

Liberty Latin America is a telecommunications company operating in over 20 countries across Latin America and the Caribbean under the consumer brands VTR, Flow, Liberty, Más Móvil and BTC.