The profession of a blogger appeared in the 21st century and has become very popular. Its scope is that bloggers keep an “online diary,” a blog in which they share information about topics of interest. They write about their lifestyle, fashion, movies, business, software engineering, talk about the countries they have visited, and share photos. The motivation for bloggers is:
- The desire to share information on a topic of interest.
- Telling about their business and promoting it.
- Making the blog itself a business and earning money.
The rapid development of social networks has created excellent conditions for those who want to start blogging.
If you are thinking about becoming a blogger, but you don’t have funds for that, this is not a problem. Platforms like Medium or Ghost may well serve as a starting point for you.
- Medium – This is a platform where you can post your articles completely free of charge. The content belongs to you, but Medium has the right to use it. For instance, the website can modify and translate your content.
- Ghost – Here, you own everything you publish. It is an open-source platform to which you pay for the provided services. You decide your monetization policy, and you can even share your content for free. Ghost is more customizable compared to Medium, enabling you to manage content better.
Building Your Blog From Scratch
If you are not satisfied with ready-made solutions for bloggers and have money, you can create your blog from scratch. There are many website builders or cms platforms you can choose from. Here are some of them:
- Tilda – It is a simple and intuitive website builder with a focus on typography. Tilda provides pre-designed blocks to build your website from scratch or to use ready templates. If this is not enough, you are free to use its Zero Block functionality to design your blocks.
- Wix – This one is a drag-and-drop platform with over 500 designer-made templates. It provides solutions for bloggers, such as SEO tools, blog analytics, text and image editing, community area, adding multiple writers. You can display ads, have subscription plans and sell online. Compared to Tilda, it has much more users.
- WordPress – The most advanced platform among all. WordPress is not just a website builder. It’s a complete CMS platform with a very rich plugin marketplace. If you haven’t found the necessary functionality, you can create your plugin using the PHP programming language.
Do you still think it will be impossible to start a blog due to a lack of money? You just need to pay for a platform where you can share your content and, if necessary, buy a camera. Use the services of Payday Depot and get up to $5,000 for your initial expenses.