Argyle Data signs reseller agreement with Saab Grintek

Argyle Data has signed a reseller agreement with telecommunications solutions integrator Saab Grintek Technologies (SGT) to provide Argyle Data´s application suite in South Africa to its mobile communications customers, the company said.

The agreement with SGT continues Argyle Data´s rapid expansion of its global partner base and gives the company its first foothold in South Africa.

SGT specializes in the design and deployment of multi-technology systems for mobile broadband and converged solutions providers, and is a leading provider of integrated, innovative solutions across the entire spectrum of telecommunications.

Argyle Data´s system is used by some of the world´s largest mobile operators to gain real-time visibility into revenue threats and attack patterns, which cost the mobile communications industry an estimated US USD38 billion a year. Argyle Data´s is the first in a new generation of native Hadoop applications that exploit the power of machine learning to uncover critical insights in real-time from vast data lakes.

Saab Grintek Technologies is a subsidiary of Saab South Africa, who owns 70 percent of the share while the remainder 30 percent is owned by Freetel Telecommunications — SGT´s BEE partner. Saab South Africa is a subsidiary of Saab AB Sweden.

Argyle Data is used by the world´s leading mobile operators to detect the fraud, profit, and SLA threats that cost the industry USD38 billion per year. Argyle Data´s industry leading native Hadoop application suite uses the latest Hadoop and machine learning technologies, proven at Facebook and Google, to identify the revenue threats and attack patterns being waged against mobile networks in real time.